There's No Place Like Rome - Rome, Italy - Part I
Starting off my travel blog with a post about the Eternal City!
Rome itself is filled with world-famous buildings, including the Colosseum and Vatican Museums. My family and I were only here for a few days this past summer, but we were still able to see so many things.
It honestly can be a little overwhelming. So, here are a few of the things that I say you can't miss "when in Rome!"
First and foremost, the Colosseum is something that you must see - a trip to Rome isn't complete without it! I would also highly recommend going inside. You'll be able to see the place where the gladiators actually fought, which I think is pretty cool. The only thing I didn't love about my visit to the Colosseum was the heat - the weather in Rome in late July is uncomfortable to say the least, but that was because of the not-so-great timing of our trip.
I also encourage you to go into the Roman Forum, which used to be a major piazza and meeting place (over two thousand years ago.) It's located really close to the Colosseum. The ruins are still in pretty good condition, but just a warning: the pathways are a little uneven and the stairs can be steep/rocky, so it’s a little hard to walk on. Other than that, though, I enjoyed my visit to the Forum and the view from the tops of the buildings are really nice!
Additionally, the art in the Vatican Museums is absolutely phenomenal, especially the Sistine Chapel. Looking up at the ceiling and scanning the art on the walls while listening to the audio guides was one of my favorite parts of Rome. Unfortunately, the Sistine Chapel has a strict no-photography policy, so I couldn't take any pictures, but here's one from Google:
For more info about the Colosseum and Roman Forum...
Click here (The lines are extremely long, so make sure you buy tickets online!)
In the Vatican Museums, make sure that you are aware of their policies about bags, clothing, etc.
Click here for more info
Thanks for reading - I hope you enjoyed my first post! Next week I’ll finish up with Rome and give you a couple more hints/tips! :)

I really want to go to Rome after reading this. Good job!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Lena, that means a lot! I think you'd have a lot of fun btw ;)
ReplyDeleteTHIS IS SO GOOD. GR8 M8 I R8 8/8. AMAZING BLOG!!!!! You have the best words -Donald Trump
ReplyDeleteHaha thanks Jocelyn (except not for the Trump reference...)
Delete